Tonight I had my very last radiation treatment. 6 1/2 weeks of going to the hospital, Monday thru Friday, to lay on a table with my arms above my head for 3 minutes (just enough time to recite the Articles of Faith) are over. I really shouldn't complain. It was just a hassle to have to go there everyday and to be there for such a short amount of time. But it was painful at times to be in the awkward position that I had to be in, even if it was just for a few minutes. Having both of your breasts and some of your lymph nodes removed really sets a limit on how long you can hold your arms above your head without it being painful. This week it will be one year ago that I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Thank you all for your prayers, your kind notes, the flowers, your emails, meals, for having my kids over to play, etc. It means so much to me and my family. As I start to feel better and to get stronger, I promise that I will try to return the kindness you all have shown me. I love you all!
Hannah had her last soccer game of the season on Saturday. After spending most of the season standing on the field with her hands covering her ears because she doesn't like the sound of the whistle, she surprised us all. She stayed in the game for 3 of the 4 quarters and she actually ran after the ball and even kicked it a few times. She even distracted two of the other team's players for the better part of one of the quarters.
On Sunday, Hannah had her very first primary program. I'm so proud of her for getting up to that microphone and saying her part that she's had memorized for 4 weeks, and for belting out those songs. I thought for sure she would crumble under the pressure of having two sets of grandparents and an aunt and uncle there, but she surprised me once again!



2 comments:
YEAHHHH!!!!! So happy to hear that you are on your way to feeling wonderful again! you are amazing, Hope you guys have a great turkey day, YUMMMMMMMMM! Well keep you posted on the baby- :)
Heather,
so glad that you are getting through all this. I can't imagine what this last year has brought you, taken from you, and stregthened you and your family. I am always thinking about ya...
That soccor pic is so stinkin' cute! What little girls they are out there!
Your little guy is such a cutie.
Hope your holidays are going well. We will have to all get together again out here soon! Did Sara have her baby this week???
Talk soon,
Tonya
Post a Comment