Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Update

I want to let everyone know that I had my checkup today with my oncologist. My PET scan results showed my body is clear of cancer. HOORAY!! My awful year of chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation paid off. Thank you for all of your prayers and support. I am definitely going to have a much better Christmas this year than I did last year. We found out last week that Aaron will be having tubes placed in his ears. Aaron has had fluid behind his ear drums for about 6 months straight now because that area is kinked and cannot drain the fluid. Scott had this same problem when he was Aaron's age, so I guess it is genetic. The poor guy has been sick so much during his little 16 month old life, so we are hoping that this will solve a lot of his problems and stop the ear aches. The ENT specialist told me that Aaron will start sleeping better at night and he will start talking because he will finally be able to hear what we are saying. So while you are all sleeping soundly in your beds at 4:30am on Friday, I will be on my way to the hospital to have my sweet little boy put under for a surgery that takes 3 whole minutes. The same day that we found out about Aaron's ear surgery, we found out that Hannah has 8 cavities and needs 2 root canals and 2 caps. Will this family ever be healthy?!? So in 2 weeks, Hannah will be also be put under so that the pediatric dentist can do all he needs to do in one visit. I'll let you know how everything goes.
Last weekend Hannah and I and some of the other girls in my family went to Hollywood and saw the movie Enchanted at the El Capitan Theater. We got to listen to an organist play all our favorite Disney princess tunes and then we watched the movie. After the movie we got to go next door and participate in all kinds of fun "princess" activites. Every single Disney princess was present and we got to take pictures with all of them, including Princess Giselle from the movie.

Hannah getting her makeup done like a princess. We had a lot of fun that day. Thank you Opa for getting the tickets for everyone!

For family home evening a few weeks ago, we made a gingerbread house. Hannah pretty much did the whole thing by herself. Sadly, this past Saturday, I went to go get something from my bedroom and when I came back, Aaron was on top of the dinning room table. He had demolished the house and was eating the roof.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Heather...
I am sooooo relieved to hear your news. I can breathe now...since I read you last post, I have been thinking of you!

Looks like you guys had fun with the princess play and the gingerbread house! We will be praying for your little guy and his surgery...

You tell me when you want your pics taken and I would be happy to do it! Hope you are all doing well...

Let's get together soon!

xoxo

Tonya

Dianna said...

YEAH! I've been waiting to hear the good news! I'm so glad that everything is looking up. Now you've just got to get the little ones taken care of! What a fun princess day you had. I hope you guys have a wonderful, happy Christmas. Love you!

A | E said...

congratulations on being cancer free!