Wednesday, January 14, 2009
I Guess I Should Update You
I'm sure everyone has heard by now, but just in case you didn't, things are not going well. I found out on voting day that the taxol and avastin had stopped working and that my cancer had for sure spread to my liver. Lots of tests later and a major doctor switch told us that it has spread to my bones too. My new doctor decided to go with an oral chemo called Xeloda. I have been on that every other week since November. We have yet to find out if it is working, but the terrible pain I was having in my liver went away as soon as I started taking it, so we are hopeful. I have had to get used to feeling nauseous though when I am on it. Other than that, we are great. Just trying to get back in the swing on thing after Christmas break. I have a 2 1/2 year old on my lap screaming for noggin.com, so I'm going to have to end my post there. Love you all. Thank you for all the prayers and cards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
WE LOVE YOU! :) We NEED to get together again so we can kick our husbands trash on Wii. I swear it was rigged-low batteries, bad side of the room, & husbands who "think" they can fake cook better than us :) haha.
I am so sorry to hear that you are so sick! We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers!!!
You are so strong Heatha! You continue to be in our prayers. Thanks for updating. I'm sure you've got a million other things to think about. I'm thinking about YOU and sending lots of love your way!
I am so sorry that things are not going well. We continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. If there is ever anything I can do for you, please let me know.
Catherine Renouf Gute
Catherinegute@aol.com
So Heather... I just got back from visiting you! It was so good to see you and talk about some great memories... so ... I think I'm just going to send you little notes of memories as i think of them.... I love you so much and I am thankful that you are apart of my life!!! I don't know what makes us so compatible... we have so many differences yet so many things in common. I need to take off... but I am just going to leave you with one little memory... watching Clue for our slumber parties or The Cutting Egde over and over and over. HAHA!!
Wait ... do you remember how many times we would sit there and play Guess Who!!?? We never got sick of that stinkin game!!!
Heather! HEATHA! This is Summer (Billings) Schaefer from back in the Chatsworth days. I just heard the terrible news, so I've been crying today. I know we haven't kept in touch, but you and your family are in my prayers and I want you to know how special you are. I remember you as happy, gorgeous, fun and sooooo full of laughter! I love you! summerschaefer@yahoo.com
It's Tuesday morning and I am just thinking of you! Cherise posted the cutest picture of you two on her blog. You are always smiling lady!! Your smile brightens up any day! Love to you!! ME
Heather-I just came across your blog. I know you haven't updated it recently, but I just want you to know that I love you! There are many people who are praying for you and your sweet family! May God bless you with comfort and strength! I am so proud of you! You are an example to all!
love,
Kim Hackworth
Welcome Home Lady!! I love you!!!
Love You Forever! I am amazed at the courage and strength that you endured throughout all this. You will greatly be missed! Thank you so much for the perfect example you have always been to me. I have been so lucky to call you my dear sweet friend. Until we meet again. Love You Forever ~ ME :)
Our thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time. You were a great inspiration and fighter. I know you are no longer in any pain. I pray that your family can feel your presence at this time while they mourn.
Bye Heather. I look forward to seeing you again. I am not sad for you. I'm happy for you. But I am sad for your family and friends who will miss you!
-Sum
Post a Comment