Friday, March 28, 2008

Another Battle...

Ok, so I've been getting a lot of flack from family members who are wondering when I am finally going to update my blog. To tell you the truth, I just haven't had the emotional strength to do it. My life has been turned upside down once again. I had a CT scan done in February to check out some damage that had been done to my right lung during radiation. The results were never sent to my oncologist so it wasn't until a few weeks later when I went to go see my surgeon about reconstruction that she looked up the scan and told me the news that my cancer is back in my lung and in the lymph nodes underneath my heart. We met with my oncologist the next day and he ordered me a bunch of tests to have done in two weeks. I had a blood test, a PET/CT scan, a MRI on my brain, and a CT guided biopsy of the biggest tumor they could find on my lung. There is no cancer anywhere else in my body right now, but now we do know that cancer is in my blood stream, so there is no way for me to ever be "cured." I had a port (my third) put into my left arm yesterday and I am set to begin chemo on Tuesday. Back to being pumped full of poison and steroids, feeling like crap, and losing my hair. Back to the constant constipation, not being able to sleep, and the lovely taste of metal in my mouth constantly. Back to numb hands and feet, Neulasta shots, and a second trip through menopause. Can't wait! I'll keep you all updated.

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Heather...

I am so sorry that you are having to face a new battle with this cancer. You are strong and I know that you will find the strength to fight it again...My thoughts and prayers are with you...

I have been thinking of you and your family so much since I have heard the news...

I would love if you would take me up on gifting your family some family photos if you are feeling up to it. Or at least some photos of your beautiful children...It would be a priveledge...let me know if you have time...

I will be thinking of you, Scott, Hannah and Aaron...

love

Tonya

Unknown said...

Heather,
I'm thinking of you and praying for you during this time of bitterly hard trials, both physical & emotional, that have come your way. As my grandfather once said in an attempt to comfort my family during a crisis, "The Lord works in mysterious ways." By the tone of his voice and the look in his eyes, I think my grandfather was telling us that we don't know why bad things are permitted to happen to good people. But we do know that the Lord is always there to comfort and support us when life gets far from easy. I pray that He will comfort and support you and your family during this crisis.
Sincerely,
Tonya's mom

Morgan said...

hey i love ya heather. i think about ya constantly and pray everyday that you can keep fighting this. you're a true hero in my eyes and i hate to see you like this more than anything else. i love you so much
morgan

Dianna said...

Oh Heatha,
You are in my prayers. What a fighter you are. I have always admired you for your strength. I know you'll be blessed even in this truly challenging time. You are loved and prayed for!