Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm Back

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here, still fighting the good fight. I have finished chemo for at least a little while. My body endured 7 months of chemo this time around and it was ready for a break! I am having a CT scan next week and will then get the results on Nov. 4th. I will let you know what the doctor says. When I had a scan back in July it showed that the tumors were shrinking but there was a 1mm "questionable" spot on my liver. So we are hoping and praying that the tumors have shrunk even more and am curious to hear what the doctor has in store for me next.
Even though I have cancer, life goes on. I had a fun summer at home with the kids and our little family was even able to take a vacation in July to San Diego. We went to Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. Aaron broke his collar bone right before leaving Sea World. His sandal fell off and he dove out of the stroller after it and starting screaming like I've never heard him scream before. Poor guy. I took him to the doctor when we got back and the X-ray showed that his right collar bone was broken right in half. There is really nothing you can do for a broken collar bone so we had to wait a few weeks and then take him to an orthopedist. They took more X-rays and the X-rays showed that the bone is healing just fine.



Hannah started kindergarten in September. She loves school and she loves her teacher. It has been such a great positive experience for her. I volunteer in the classroom once a week and I have a lot of fun doing it. Hannah also started wearing glasses recently. She chose her frames all by herself. They are purple and very cute. (Sorry I don't have a picture of her with the glasses yet!)
Aaron is finally starting to talk. He is getting so big that I can barely carry him anymore. He and I still go to our little storytime/music class once a week at the library. He is finally going to the nursery at church without any tears!
I'm sure you all heard about what happened to Scott at work last week so I won't go into the details. He and his employees are safe and sound. Scott says he's fine but I'm waiting for the PTS to set in. Then again, maybe he's just as tough as he says he is.
Life is good and life is busy. Thank you to everyone that has helped our family out over the last two years. We really appreciate it.

13 comments:

Erickson Family said...

The kids are getting SO big. I can't wait to see you next week! You're my HERO!! I love you and am so proud of your fight! What a strong woman you are. Lots of Love to you ~ Steph

Blume Bunch said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh a post! Keep it up :) You are awsome glad your body can rest now!!!

Love the blumes.

Herlehy Family said...

I am so happy to hear that the kids are doing well...I can't believe that Hannah is going to kindergarten. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
The Herlehy's

cherise and Tristan said...

Dang those kids are cute, they are definitely related to me. HA HA

Michael said...

Finally! It's good to see you blogging again. Oh, and just so you know, Scott is not that tough. I can totally work him.

A | E said...

Glad to hear that Scott is okay and that you're okay too.

Dianna said...

Yeah! You're back! I have been blog stalking you like crazy! ...and wondering about you and missing you and praying for you. Thanks for the update. Tell your family hi for me! Love ya Heatha!

Catherine said...

Hi Heather,
I found your blog from Stephanie's. I've been wanting to leave you a comment for a while, but I wasn't sure how often you check your blog, so I was so excited to see a new post. We've been praying for you and you have been in our thoughts. You really are amazing, Heather! You're family is adorable and I am so impressed at your strength, both physical and emotional. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you.
Love,
Catherine Renouf Gute

Katz said...

Gosh those kids are adorable!

Hope you get some great news next week. You're in our prayers.

Erickson Family said...

Heather ~ When and if you read this... I LOVE YOU!!! I wish I was there to take you to Islands. It's the place we go to get away from it all! You are such a wonderful friend and I am so thankful you are apart of my life! Please know I am always here for you as you battle this crappy thing!
Thinking of you ~ ME!

Tonya said...

Glad everything is going well for you guys...sorry about your poor little guy's fracture...ouch! I am dying to hear what happened to scott...

I think about you all the time...It is so nice to pop in and see a new post...

xoxo

Tonya

Deanna said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you Heather. You have a beautiful family!

Love,
Deanna (Durazzo) Jasper

Shauna said...

What a great blog you have here! Thanks for sharing :)